Wednesday, April 14, 2010

part 1. he thought i was a local

my night -part 1-
call me lo-CAL


on the bus yesterday evening
i got mistaken for a local....
i don't mean {mistaken} as a bad thing
usually i am the one that sticks out
i just look {american}
so i'm told
-and-
this was my {first} experience when someone finally thought
that i could be from here



week -7-
oh yea starting to blend in
{woop woop}
i look like i know what i am doing



i acted as a good samaritan last night on that bus
>>>> "those who choose to aid others"
{yep} that's me
this british man got on the bus
he totally had no clue
<> where to pay
<> where the bus was going
<> if it was even going to the train station
<> or what the heck he was doing

i {knew} he was not a local
i {knew} through his awkward body language that he had no clue what was going on
i {knew} that as his eyes skimmed the bus for a map he felt that pit of ohhhh $#!+, when he didnt see one
i {knew} the signs
all-of-them

he .caught. my eye
i .smiled. politely
his english stuttered out of his mouth like vomit
which he knows :: perfectly :: well
but was probably nervous to speak it
knowing {french} is our language here
he asked
----------------------------------------
u.k.- where do we pay
me- ahhhhh i said
(we all remember my "no bus ticket" fiasco from week 4)
me- when you got on there was a ticket box at the stop
you buy a ticket before you get on
u.k.- so now what
me- well just ride and hope you dont get caught
u.k.- if i get caught, will i go to jail
me- yes, with no mercy
u.k.- (wide eyed) what
me- haha just kidding you only get a ticket
u.k.- ok well i will take my chance
me- you should be fine
u.k.- so you've lived here a while then
me- no not really, i'm from the states
u.k.- oh you look like you know what's going on. well thanks for being so nice you american girl
me- you are very welcome u.k. guy
--------------------------------------
& with that our convo was over

No comments:

Post a Comment