Sunday, March 14, 2010

the double-edged sword of the greeting *kiss*

social etiquette... it's important

the *kiss* has {replaced} the handshake for me

STANDARD greeting: it is "french" to do the

- - -kiss.kiss.kiss- - -

on your

- - -cheek.cheek.cheek- - -

bonjour & hello person I’ve never {ever} met,

please come kiss my cheek,

{3} times

haha

i l.o.v.e it, i really do

but it takes some getting used to

i've had some awk--ward moments with this greeting

not {too} many

but {1} i’d like to share:

a friend introduces me to a boy

girl {meets} boy

i stuck out my hand {to shake}

and well he didn’t really know what to do

so---> he took my hand (using the hand to pull us in)

cheek to cheek

then stiff as a robot i stammered an AWKWARD

left.right.left

haha hands still grasped

2 comments:

  1. haha. Chels it takes time getting used to it. In the middle east, its the same way.... except I remember not wanting to do that because of the scent some of them put off!!! haha. don't you love awkward greetings?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the real question is... was he cute??

    ReplyDelete