Friday, May 21, 2010

sista.luv

she is here

f-i-n-a-l-l-y

but, time is already flying

and it needs to {slow} down

we have had the best time already

we are on day -5- and i'm enjoying/loving our sister time

i will let her give you an update of our time so far

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour!

Sister here with my very own column in Chels’ blog. I am not the experienced blogger like Chelsea however I will try my best to recount my time here.

Day one was my travel day.

Due to the unfortunate natural disaster in Iceland, however, it turned into a travel nightmare. I was rerouted to Frankfurt, Germany after 10 hours in the air. At first I was somewhat excited since I had never stepped foot in Germany and it was on my list of places to see sometime in life. Well not anymore! I had the worst time finding my way through that place with no help whatsoever from the Frankfurt Airport staff. I did cry… but only once… and finally made it to Geneva at 7:45p.m. after a 3 hour wait in line, a missed shuttle, and no lunch. But Chels was there with Swiss chocolate and a big hug which was all I needed to forget about the travel horrors and gear up for a fun time in Switzerland!

Day two.

While the kiddos were at school, Chels and I went on a run around the beautiful Lake Geneva. This not only showed me what a wonderful place Geneva really is but also what a wonderful life Chels has here. Everything is SO COOL! It is very fitting for her. After our run, we set out across town to do some more site seeing, coffee drinking, tube riding, and of course picture taking.

On our way, we came across a book sale in the middle of the city. Old books, new books, red books, blue books.. they were all there and more importantly, they were all cheap! We both bought ourselves an old book but for some reason not had any time to start them!

Day three.

My traveling finally caught up with me. After coffee out with the other aupairs and a few rounds around the flee market, Chels and I made it back home with some time to spare before the kids got home from school. I took a nap with the intension of getting up to help with homework and nightly bathing but somehow managed to sleep until 9a.m. the next morning. I don’t know how I did it!

Day four.

After my great night of sleep we were ready to take on the city once more. We got up for another morning run around Lake Geneva, rushed back to the house, and got ready for our tour of the United Nations.

u.n photos

Of course, we sisters were a little late. We missed the English tour by a hair. So we made our way across the street to the Red Cross Museum. What a good trade off! The museum was lined with pictures upon pictures of areas of conflict, hunger, and poverty around the world. Of course it was sad but we both thought it was an equally beautiful exhibit.


At four o’clock we were back on duty with the kids. They get home from school with a lot of energy to burn off so we take them to the Botanical Gardens to let them run off some steam. They found an old, hallow tree trunk that has turned into everything from a jungle gym, to cliffs to jump from, a slide, and the perfect fort. I will admit that it is pretty great.

That night.

The kids were in bed by 8p.m. so we headed to the local pub called Mr. Pickwicks for some serious Name That Tune. The Irons sisters didn’t contribute much but we had a good run with the ABBA and 90s categories. ABBA Gold was our childhood. Dancing Queen, Waterloo, Mama Mia, Take a Chance on Me, MoneyMoneyMoney, Chikatita, etc. They were all there. I got to meet a bunch of the aupair crowd and eat the best fries and fry sauce combination in Switzerland.

Ok. We are all up-to-date.

More to come!

---------------------------------------------------

so there you go

an update through another's eyes

tomorrow

we are off to adventure in the ALPS

we are off to interlaken

hiking & exploration in the GREAT outdoors

xoxo

with love from europe

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you girls are having so MUCH fun! I know chels is soooo happy to have you there Ash!!

    ReplyDelete